Monday, November 2, 2009

my work setup

I got up early to work on my piece (because I decided to do a final copy on the computer) and had to make a run across town to get a numerical pad which expedites the copying process greatly in Sibelius.  I've been working and I thought that I love my setup, so I thought I'd share it with you alls.


This is an overall shot of my desk, which is actually Nick's dining room table that's in the living room.
We never use it so I thought I'd just camp out here to get my work done.  Two screens, one bible, one cup of coffee, and a lot of cool stuff (notice the stack of 'brainy' books).



A vertical shot of it.  I put in that light a few weeks ago because this side of the living room was really dark and I couldn't see anything, it really helps.  Also notice above the painting that my grandmother Dorothy Norton Peringer painted in '63.  I love it being above where I work.


Two displays!  Well, one extra really as one automatically comes with the macbook.


A hot cup of coffee with pumpkin spice creamer in it.  It's a seasonal favorite, so I need to use it while it lasts.



 A handy paper holder I got at U of I after seeing Bukvich have one (I actually have one of his around here somewhere).



A shot of the right side with my three hard drives (too many!) and my new numerical pad.


This is where I live and work.  I am really starting to like it, so much so that I might try to buy this table when my lease ends and Nick and I move apart.  I don't have class till 3 today, so I'll be working here all day, I love it!

3 comments:

Michael said...

Looks awesome, Pat!

Unknown said...

looks just perfect for you, pat....

Annie said...

I'm jealous of all your techno gadgets, Pat! That's a great little studio setup there.