Wednesday, July 23, 2008

bikes!

so the new thing for me is I'm getting into cycling. I've always wanted to get into shape and I've pretty much hated the ways of doing it. I really hate running. I have a bike but it's a hybrid which isn't really good for anything. Then I rode Brett's road bike and totally loved it. So now I'm looking for a vintage bike to convert into a fixed gear or a single gear. I'm really into it right now.

I'm trying to sell my trek to get an old frame that I can convert with my brother in law Rob. I forgot that he used to be into bike building and has the equipment and know-how to build bikes. So when they get out here, we're going to convert a bike to a fixie. I'm super excited because frames and old bikes aren't that expensive so I'm really figuring out what I want.

I borrowed Jeremy and Tiffany Dixon's extra road bike. It's a Specialized and it totally sweet. J and T just finished the Lake Placid Ironman, so you could say they are pretty into cycling. It's a sweet bike, but it's too fancy for me, but I did really enjoy driving it today. I took it out for fifteen this morning, and I loved it! I'm pretty tired because I'm out of shape, but when I get a bike, I'm planning on riding 3-4 times a week for a long distance. I'm super excited! Ok that's all for now.

No comments: