Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Performance!

I am a member of the Christian Fellowship of Art Music Composers (CFAMC) which is an organization geared exactly to me. I am a Christian who writes classical music. It's an international organization with its primary population in the US. They have conference every couple of years and I was going to submit a few pieces that I didn't get around to submitting because I am lazy.

Well, Kim went to Indiana Wesleyan University to take her brother Zach to see the school and meet the percussion teacher who is Marc Wooldridge who also happens to teach composition there and is in charge of this years conference (it's held at Indian Wesleyan). Kim got to talking with him and he asked her to sing at the conference and she told him about me submitting something. He looked and said I didn't. She played him the final movement of the piece that she performed earlier this year at the Faculty Composers' Forum at BGSU and he really liked it. So I emailed him and the piece is now a part of the conference! I was planning to attend the conference but now I'll have a work on it as well. I'm pretty excited because I wanted people there to have a listen to some of my stuff and this is the most recent piece I've completed. So thanks to Kim for putting in the good word for me. I'm pretty excited!

1 comment:

Koch Clan said...

I'm proud of you pat! You are a musical genius! I put sibley's hair in "pony tails" today. Stop telling that story! Love you.