Tuesday, October 6, 2009

black coffee and cockroach!

This morning was a weird one.  First I'd like to say that I've finally given into drinking black coffee.  I suppose it's bound to happen to any coffee drinker.  I like it better (with a little sugar) than with all the creamers.  The exception is pumpkin spice, which is in season (does artificial flavoring really have a season?) right now so I shall partake in that.



This picture is tricky though because lurking behind that seemingly innocent coffee apparatus is (was) an infestation of cockroaches!  We had them pretty pretty bad (in larry david's voice) for a while until last week I bought COMBAT!® which baits them into taking some poison back to their lair and sharing it with their friends over a game of cards until they all die.  It's been much better since except this morning....




....when I came out of the shower to see this little monster!  Just sitting on a pair of pants in my room.  So naturally I took a pic to document it and then I got out a sandal and hit it and flushed it down to toilet!  Welcome to Texas.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

omg ick cockroaches - totally disgusting. i killed a huge spider last night and i mean huge. i hate all creepy crawlies. they all give me the chills......
so how are you - have the shakes now since you are giving up coffee???? take care.

Koch Clan said...

First of all you can buy pumpking spice all year around. Second, I will never visit you in Texas. Sorry, cockroaches are gross!

Koch Clan said...

I just realized I said "pumpking" instead of pumpkin. Jude was on my lap kicking my chair away from the table as I typed. You should be glad I made any comment! Anyway, call me tomorrow.