Monday, June 16, 2008

Ah! God! Life!

this is a quote from On The Road by Jack Kerouac. I finished reading it last week and loved it. Ah! God! Life! is also the name of a new piece I am working on for woodwind quintet. I have to write it fast because it's being performed in Arizona later this summer.

This kind of leads to my last weekend. I went to Athens Georgia for my friend Keith's wedding. He married a southern gal named Michaela who met him in Jacksonville where they both live. I was a groomsman as well as six other guys. There were two ushers, making a total of 8 of us in the groomsman party. There are two words that can describe this weekend, golf and drinking. First off I don't golf, and second I rarely drink and when I do it's a few beers. A few beers here wouldn't cut it. I spent three days almost constantly with a drink in my hand, I say almost because the other guys did have a drink in their hands the entire time. I needed to drink water so I drank that at times while they were drinking miller lite.

So, it seems that the weekend was kind of a haze. It was a good time haze, but a haze nonetheless. The wedding was nice, all the people were nice and we had a really good time. I got to see some old friends, we got to share drunken thoughts and sentiments of love and home (the palouse) and good times of yesteryear. It was a good trip.

1 comment:

Koch Clan said...

Loved the drunken phone call. You are such a lovey drunk. You love everyone when you are. You metallicaholic!